Saturday, May 31, 2008

Arrrggghhh!

Not like the pirate! No, this is a frustrated growl at the growing stupidity that is society.

Just the other day, I found out that America's Next Top Model just had a 'plus size' winner.

She's a size 10.

And she's 'plus sized'.

A SIZE 10 IS NOT 'PLUS SIZED'! No matter what. The national average size is a 12. If someone is going to be 'plus sized' they should at least be a 16!

The only thing wrong with that model is that she had an butt. None of the other models had a butt. In fact I don't think there are any models out there that actually have any actual body parts other than skin and bones.

I may be heavy, but I'm working on that. I'm trying not to stress too much about my weight, I'm just trying to get healthy again. Belly dancing at least twice a week, and walking/swimming/biking/lifting weights at least twice a week will do that.

Another thing: BMI (body mass index) is probably the biggest load of bulls**t out there. People forget that muscle weighs more than fat. There are body builders out there that are technically 'obese' because they're 6 feet tall and 290lbs!

I have gotten teased about my weight for as long as I can remember, and it's a pretty sensitive subject for me. I've struggled for years to accept who I am and what I look like. Faires are pretty much the only time I feel truly comfortable in my skin because the rule there is 'if you got it, flaunt it!. I get teased by older men about my ample chest, but it's all in 'clean' fun. They don't mean anything by it, and it sometimes gets me free stuff just for teasing them back. Some of the women are jealous of my generous 'tracks of land' because I fill out the bodices more and still look good wearing them. Faires are really the happiest times for me.

Well, that's my rant for tonight. I'm too tired to keep it up now. Ranting really takes it out of you!

M

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid models anyways. I'm a size 10 and no one looks twice at an old lady like me.
Killer

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home