Monday, August 18, 2008

Testing...

I've been having some issues with signing into Blogger the past few times I've tried, so there has been a sudden lack of blog posts.

That and work has been keeping me busy for once.

We just had a big meeting, and I got onto one of the house crews! This is supposed to mean that I'm going to be getting a lot more hours starting this school year. Not only that, but we all got raises, so it should take us a little longer before we're flat broke.

In that meeting, I found out that the lead that I'm going to be working with pretty much all the time is the one lead I don't always get along with. I'm going to treat this like a test. If I can handle this, I can pretty much handle anything.

Not much has been happening. At work we've been fixing light cables, and I had that wonderful feeling you get when something you fixed works. We strung up the cables onto the lights on the third electric, plugged them in and tested them out. They all worked! What a feeling!

The girls have been good...for the most part. They all had to be flea dipped, so none of them are really talking to me. Actually Little Bit is talking. And talking. And talking. And TALKING! If she's not stretched out on something smaller than her, she's chatting away to anyone or anything who would listen. Even if it won't listen, she'll talk to it anyway.

Himself has been working himself to the bone. In fact he's cutting so much meat, he mistook his own leg for his knife holder and stabbed himself in the upper thigh. The bruise was so pretty I had to take a picture of it. Unfortunately the picture didn't turn out very good, but the colors were really pretty. There was light blue along the outer edge, darker blue closer in, magenta and red on the center and top. It eventually faded into yellow, blue and green. No sooner had that fully healed when he did it again in a different spot. When he told me that he wanted to be a meat cutter, I reminded him of all the accidents he's had with knives. He insisted that he would be fine, and so far it has been. He's been at his store for almost five years, and the worst wound he got was when he was working in produce and sliced his thumb open with a small blade from his utility knife. Go figure.

Well that't about it for now. I'm tired and want to go to bed.

M

2 Comments:

Blogger Not Hannah said...

Came here via yo mama's blog...

My husband also stabbed himself in the upper thigh and got a nasty bruise. I, on the other hand, got nasty looks from the ER staff, who I'm pretty sure thought I had attacked him.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Morrigan Le Fey said...

LOL! Himself never went to the ER (even though he probably should have!), but I would have loved to see the looks on the techs faces when he explained how he got the cut.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home