Saturday, May 20, 2006

Movie Night

Himself and I read the Da Vinci Code awhile back, and now that the movie is out, we decided to go see it on opening night. We went with a group of friends that seemed to get larger as the night went on (we started out with three, then another person was added, then they brought two more people to the theater, Himself and I brought the cousin and Photo Girl). I think that if we had ended up seeing the later showing, we would have ended up with nine more people and not enough seats for everyone.

Big Green Friend and Photo Friend seemed to hit it off really well. I think if Big Green Friend wanted to pursue Photo Girl (a friend of mine from Photo class), he would not be met with opposition. I'm not trying to get them together, but if it happens, then great.

The movie was great for a movie, but not so great as an adaptation of a book. Although it was much better than the Harry Potter movies (movies three and four are so far from the book, it made me cringe to watch them).

Well I have to go, Big Green Friend is coming over tonight to hang out with Himself and I, and I still have to clean the living room a little more.

M

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Maybe I'll watch the movie after all. I didn't much care for the book starting about halfway through. I hope the movie wasn't as formulaic (gosh, did I spell that right?)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Morrigan Le Fey said...

The movie was pretty good, but everything seemed too easy. Also, in the part of the book when they're explaining the whole thing about Mary M., Langdon is all for the theory, but in the movie he's arguing the case (ug, bad sencence). There were some obvious changes, but as a movie, it was pretty good.

M

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home