Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sick and Tired

Yesterday my immune system decided to take a vacation. I'm not sure where I got the cold, but right now I feel like I've been hit by a train, then pissed on by a dog for good measure.

I don't like being sick.

Yesterday started out fine, but by the middle of the day, I started noticing that my sinuses were really getting the better of me. I was sneezing constantly (The Cousin and I went to a favorite store last night, and he kept trying to bless me every time I sneezed. I told him to give up), and this morning I woke up with the urge to go back to sleep. I think I even fell asleep in my math class for a minute or so. I'm hoping that I start feeling a little better by the time I have to go to work, so I think I'm going to take a nap and some kind of cold syrup.

I always feel bad for Himself when I'm sick, because I tend to get a little grumpy. I growled at him when he turned on the light in the bedroom (I was trying to get some sleep), I think I snarled at him when he tried to take some of the blankets (when I'm sick, I get really warm, then really cold pretty quickly), but I'm not sure. I get really listless when I don't feel well, so he is wonderful enough to take care of me. The cats think it's great that Mommy is sick. I don't move very much when I'm sick and sleeping, so Miss Thang has a warm place to sleep (usually if not right on top of me, then right by my legs). Little Princess gets a little frustrated because I'm not awake enough to let her under the covers where she likes to sleep, so she watches over me on my pillow. It's nice to fall asleep to her rumble-purr.

Well, that's about it right now. I think I'll go to sleep until I have to go to work.

M

3 Comments:

Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Ugh...feel better!

4:33 AM  
Blogger yngathrrt said...

I hope you start to feel better soon. Thank goodness you were not in a cooking class when you fell asleep, unless it was in the chicken soup. LOL

Hugs,
Katie

4:35 AM  
Blogger Morrigan Le Fey said...

I do feel a little better today, thanks! My manager took one look at me and told me to go home. She's due to give birth in about two weeks, so she doens't want to catch anything.

M

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home