Monday, October 30, 2006

Celebrations and Stupid People

The cleaning is almost done, but Himself and I are taking a break to celebrate our 2nd anniversary! Our anniversary is tomorrow but the bum forgot to request the day off, so now he has to work from 11am to 8pm. We're actually going to celebrate it on Wednesday since I have the day off from school and he has the day off from work. We're not sure what we're going to do, but I think a trip into Seattle may be in store. I might even call in sick if work isn't too busy!

Speaking of work, I found out I work with the blondest black girl I have ever seen! She doesn't know jack, and it seems like she doesn't even want to know. She'll ask were something is before she even looks for it. Normally this isn't such a bad thing, but when she does it several times in a day, and the answers are all the same, it gets a little tiresome.

Just last night, she decided to give me a bit of an attitude. I told her that she needs to clean the backdrop in the last room (one of the other girls and I did the other two) before vacuuming, and she was whining about how she thought the sooner she got the vacuuming done, the sooner we would get out of the store. I told her that no, we still had to take out the garbage, clean the bathroom, wipe down the tables, clean the lab, sweep the rooms, and the manager still had to to the closing paperwork.

This did not go over well at all.

She told me that it wasn't fair for her to do the backdrop because she didn't know that she was staying all the way to closing, and her ride was waiting for her. The phone rang, and she whined that the caller was probably her ride, wanting to know where she was. She piled on the 'tude when I told her to answer the phone (she refused, saying that she'll clean the backdrop. I told her that someone has to answer the stupid phone (she was closer to it than I was)). I got the garbage out, wiped down the tables, cleaned the lab (helped fix the stupid machine again. Stupid paper jams). All she did was the vacuuming and the bathroom. I was fine with that, since I knew that if I did something, it would be done much faster than if she did it.

When we were all set to venture out into the real world again, she was still standing by the doors, trying to figure out how to exit the mall. To be a little nicer to her, I must explain that the mall I work at locks all the doors at exactly closing time, but one is still open-able. You have to push on a lever that says 'push' for the door to open. Blondie was in a mild panic because 'all the doors say they're locked.'

Really.

I bet she put her ear to all of them to hear them speak.

I said 'push' while pointing to the magic door with the lever on it. She looked at me blankly, so I pushed open the door. She got all defensive and started muttering about how all the doors said they were locked.

This is the same girl who looked at me blankly when I told her to turn the vacuum off so I could talk to her. She looked for the on/off switch (it's the same switch she used to turn the vacuum on, and it was right on top of the unit. It's not even hiding or disguised as anything. The damn thing is bright orange!), and when she finally found it, she turned off the vacuum and gave me the Look. You know, the look that says 'what the hell do you want'. I get that look enough from Miss Thang at home, so Blondie flipping me the Look was not a shock. I've also built up an immunity to the Look, so it no longer affects me.

Long rant today. I have had it up to here with stupid people.

M

2 Comments:

Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Someone at our church has a bumper stickere I love. It says: Stupidity should be painful!

Actually, it is, but usually not for the stupid one!

Happy Anniversary!

5:21 AM  
Blogger Morrigan Le Fey said...

Thanks!

I have also found out that stupidity is painful. Not only that, but it gives me a big headache!

M

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home