Monday, January 09, 2006

Moving Day!

Well, as payment for all the firewood that Big Green Friend (also known as Shrek), I had to help his mom move from her house that she owned into a house that she's renting. My task was to pack up the kitchen while all the guys loaded the really big and heavy stuff into the HUGE truck they rented. By the time I went home for the night, we had already packed and moved one truckload, and everyone was on their way to move a second truckload. All in all, it was a pretty good day, there were only three females, and five males at one point, so the conversations got more than a little raunchy, although we kept everything slightly clean for Shrek's mom who is very christian. I'm so sore right now, and I didn't lift the really heavy stuff! All I did was pack up the kitchen and try to get a thirteen-year-old girl to focus on getting the glassware packed the right way (no, really, you can't just throw everything into a box and hope it survives the move). Let me tell you, thirteen-year-olds just about have the attention span of a hummingbird on crack (focus, padawan, focus! No! Don't put that antique glass dish into the same box with a bunch of metal bowls! It was like that pretty much all day).

well, another short one, I have to work on my photo assignment.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home