Friday, January 20, 2006

New addition

Himself and I decided it was time for our sweet, loving cat to have a playmate. She gets bored during the day, and as a result has gained quite a lot of weight since we adopted her a little over a year ago. She has been our princess since we got her (we don't have any children, so our cat is our first child), and she knows it too.

On the fateful night, Mom's friend called and asked us if we wanted a sweet, attention starved little kitten. I went over to her house and fell in love with the sweet little grey ball of fur. Himself took a little more convincing (we had an agreement that we would get another cat when I was employed), but when he saw the kitten (called Lilly. Isn't that sweet?), he softened a little and agreed. Kitten had to go to the vet (I really didn't want to expose my little princess to anything the kitten may have had, so we had to make sure the kitten was healthy), which was an adventure that I really don't want to repeat anytime soon. Kitten was healthy, all right. She screamed and howled, and I was beginning to wonder if she was channeling some kind of demon howler monkey. When I brought her home, Princess wasn't all that sure about the small ball of fur that smelled like the vet. After much growling (I know Little Princess didn't learn that kind of language at my house, that was all from her grandperson's furry demons) and hissing (I didn't know Princess even knew how to hiss), the kitten decided to assert herself a little and growl back. This amused Princess even less, but neither one has tried to beat up the other. As long as they stay in separate rooms, they can pretend the other doesn't exist. I came down with a cold, and pretty much just slept all day. Princess curled up on the back of the couch where I was watching a movie, and Kitten curled up on my stomach. This was the closest they have been to each other without literally throwing hissy-fits, and it was quite nice. Then Himself came home, and it was like the cats remembered they don't like each other, and they hissed at each other, and Princess took off to sulk in the bedroom. It's been exciting.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home