Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Seeing the World in Color Again

Finally after about 18 weeks of seeing in nothing but black and white, I get to see the world in color once more. These last two quarters or so we've been encouraged to look at things as they would look in black and white. I found myself looking around thinking 'that would look pretty good. Lots of texture' or I'd think 'if I took that picture, I would have to do a lot of work on it to make it look good. Not worth the effort'. But for my final project in photo 102, my morning person instructor informed everyone that we can do color prints if we want to. This is so cool! I asked Og if she wanted to go with me to the wonderful melting pot of people (ewww! Gives a whole new meaning to soylent green) that is Pike Place Market. There are so many colorful personalities there, and then the things they're selling are pretty colorful too!

So, anyway, I finally finished my first color print, and after 11 tries, I finally got it! It took me so many tries because the negative had a bunch of yellow in it, so I had to work on getting that balanced out. Then there was too much red in it, so I had to change that. No wonder so many people are going digital! It's cheaper, and not as hard to work with.

M

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

It may have been difficult to work with, but you did it, Spawn! Og proud! Can't wait to see pictures.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home