Monday, January 23, 2006

Sweet little -ow!- ball of fur

Well, the kitten has settled in nicely, much to our other cat's dismay. They still growl and hiss at each other (it sounds a lot like I'm living with a couple of snakes), but they've gotten more comfortable with each other. Princess even tried (in an act of desperation) to cuddle up with me on the bed by slinking as far around the bed as she could without catching Miss Thang's (or would that be Miss Fang's?) attention. When she got to me, she was very careful not to move all that fast (she's surprisingly agile for a cat of her, um...majesty) so that she could actually cuddle with me. Her bedtime spot has been taken by the little one (actually it was the whole day spot, unless she was on catnip), but Princess really wants it back.

One of the kitten's favorite past-times is chasing her tail. She has a really long tail, and sometimes when the tip of it twitches, she goes into Mighty Huntress mode. She especially enjoys chasing her tail when Himself and I are trying to sleep, and she had been curled up sweetly on the foot of the bed. She then moves her way up the bed (it doesn't matter that we're trying to sleep here!), and proceeds to chase her tail ON TOP OF US!!! Before I got to them, she had really sharp claws that would slice through four layers of blankets in search for warm flesh. Now she has a hard time getting enough of a grip to chase her tail on the bed (thank god!). Apparently I tried to get her to stop (how foolish of me) while I was still asleep, and now I have a mysterious scratch on my hand (the same one she hamburgered before Mom and I took her to the vet) that I must of received for my troubles. All I wanted was to sleep!

M

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

So, little miss Pooty-paws is a bizzy kitty? I'll have to come up and give both my grandkitties some love and teach them some brand new phrases.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Morrigan Le Fey said...

She is a VERY busy kitty, and both of them already know some choice phrases. For such a small kitty, Lilly sure has a loud voice.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home